For over a dozen years now I have been eating according the the “Blood Type” diet as per recommendations from our osteopath who just so happened to miraculously save My Handsome Man’s life in 2004. He suggested My Handsome Man (Blood Type A) make modifications to his diet and told him it would safe his life and potentially cure him of the health issues he was facing. The changes were immense and I wanted to be supportive, so I modified my diet (Blood Type B) as well. This recipe is considered “highly beneficial” for A Blood Types and “neutral/beneficial” for B Blood Types since the lentils are sprouted. If you are using lentils that are not sprouted, it is considered an “avoid” recipe for B’s.
MAKES 8 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME
- COOK TIME
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 oz turkey bacon
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 quart (32 oz.) vegetable stock or turkey bone broth
- 1 1/4 cup uncooked truRoots® Organic Sprouted Lentils
- 2 c organic salsa (optional)
- HEAT oil in large pot oven over medium-high heat. Add onions, carrots, bacon, and garlic until softened. Remove bacon and chop into small pieces. Add curry powder, cumin, and salt. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- ADD salsa*, stock/broth and lentils. Bring to boil. Reduce to simmer. Cook 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lentils are tender.
* My Handsome Man doesn’t eat tomatoes, so I usually skip the salsa when I make it for him!!