With three children and a very small house, “my main office” is in my bedroom. This area also serves as the school area for my daughter who does home school and it’s the place where my husband works when he’s not at the university teaching.
Since everyone else uses “my office”, it’s sometimes hard to get work done when I need to. So what do I do? I go MOBILE! We have WiFi in our home and I simply take all my “mobile office stuff” and head to my fabulous “auto office and recording studio”.
My Mobile Office Stuff consists of:
- Mac Book Pro and Mic – I bring the mic if I am recording audio for podcasts, video voice-overs.
- Plantronics headset – I have had four of these phones over the years and I am about to buy another one so that I can have two fully charged at all times. It has fabulous sound quality and it allows me to be hands-free. It also doesn’t put the strain on my neck that normal phones do.
- iPhone – this has all of my contacts and allows me to send immediate follow-up texts to people I have conversations with while working in my “mobile office”
- Supply caddy – glue, tape, scissors, sharpies, pens, pencils…really anything I may need while working.
- Spiral notebook – Each month I work from a new spiral. It allows me to stay organized, track my progress and so much more.
- Sticky notes – to jot down notes, follow up, brain dumping,
- Snacks – so don’t have any excuse to go back into the house if I am working and get a little hungry before my lunch break.
- Water – One of things I struggle with is staying hydrated, so having the water with me allows me to get enough in my system throughout the day.
- Project supplies, if needed – This just really depends on what I am working on.